Question about Deutcher drilling

One more thing: does anyone have an idea about the value of this weapon? What would such a drilling cost today? And such an engraving?

Strictly speaking, the value of something is equal to the amount of money someone is willing to pay for it. So only you know the value of the gun. What it would cost today to manufacture such a gun? I have no idea, I think just finding a master engraver and making the arrangements would cost you more live-time than you spent looking for such a gun on-line.

I need to insure it. I would guess that it is more valuable now, when the maker and the engraver is known. I will find someone here in Norway to make an assessment 😊

I need to insure it. I would guess that it is more valuable now, when the maker and the engraver is known. I will find someone here in Norway to make an assessment 😊
The last run of Sauer Drilling was 10000 DM in the end of the 20 Century. Your Gun shurely was 15 to 20 . But nowadays in Germany the value of used Drillings is on Ground . A Sauer from this Period with Zeiss Scope for Night Hunting is 12 to 1500€ in Mint Condition and Luxury Engraving with some Luck 1800.
I think the pricing at the first Auction was bit high for Germany because the 6,5x57R are only in Interest of some Afficionados. The average Hunter is looking for .30-06 , 7x65R or 8x57 IRS for the Giant Boars he is dreaming of.

Online-Statistiken

Zurzeit aktive Mitglieder
Zurzeit aktive Gäste
Besucher gesamt
Oben